We are committed to serving the Lord through joyful service to others in our church and in our community. To lead is to serve. Through service, we lead others to Christ.
If you're ready, let us help you discover where God is inviting you to take the next step in serving and connect you with the right opportunities. Learn about some of the opportunities to serve and lead in our church and in our community.
In the Church
- Stage Team: join the band in performing on stage.
- Production Team: run the sound booth and stage lights.
- Greeter Team: greet and welcome visitors, answer their questions, and show them where to go.
- Communion Team: prepare and distribute elements of Communion and receive offering.
- Facilities Team: work behind-the-scenes to ensure our facilities and grounds are ready for gathering.
- Nursery and Wee Worship: spend time with our babies and preschoolers, rocking and holding, teaching, singing, and playing.
- Explorers: head upstairs with our elementary students to sing, play, talk and learn about God.
- Youth Group: share the teachings of Christ into the lives of our middle and high school students through games, music and teaching.
In the Community
We provide meals for those in need at our local homeless shelter. If you would like to sign up to prepare and serve a meal at the Garden of Gethsemane shelter, please contact Scott Tredeau at 678-852-2715.
Once a month, our church feeds children in need at a local elementary school—children whose only meals are usually the meals served at school. On the last Friday of the month, we send these kids home with backpacks filled with enough food to last the weekend—a time when they would otherwise go hungry. Please don’t forget to pick up some extra snacks when you're at the grocery store and drop them off in the box located in the foyer. Please contact Brenda Sears at 832-425-0014 for more information.
Monthly food donations are needed:
· Peanut butter
· Fruit cups
· Snack bars
· Microwaveable Mac and Cheese
· Ready to Eat Tuna (pull out tab)
· Instant Oatmeal
· 100% fruit juice boxes
· Microwaveable soup bowls
· Sliced pepperoni